Plan ahead to work Georgia Tech-Europe into your schedule, taking the courses you need to complete your degree.
- Fall and Spring: 12 semester hours minimum (15 hours maximum)
- Summer: 10 semester hours minimum (13 hours maximum)
Please contact Catherine Bass if you would like permission to take additional hours.
Note: If you are receiving financial aid, please check with the financial aid office right away, to see if studying at Georgia Tech-Europe will impact your award(s). For Hope and Zell it is usually fine, but please confirm and make sure you know the required number of hours you will need to take while at GTE
- You are not required to take French courses, although we highly recommend that you do so.
- If you don't want to take a French course for credit, you can still take a free French class on Mondays (beginners) and Wednesdays (intermediate to advanced) to learn the basic elements of French and develop skills for communicating with the locals in French.
- Take a variety of courses, from core courses, to your major, to electives.
- In the Fall and Spring, you can do Undergraduate Research. (from 1 to 3 hours)
- Check out the International Affairs (INTA), and History, Technology, and Society (HTS) courses offered at Georgia Tech-Europe.
- If you would like to improve your French, consider the SLS-France Program. This program is targeted to students at an intermediate level (FR 2001) and above.
- Please make sure you understand the Costs for Georgia Tech-Europe, and our Withdrawal & Refund Policy, before applying to the program.