Complete your Master's or PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech-Lorraine, Georgia Tech's European campus. Or, split your time between the Lorraine and Atlanta campuses - the choice is yours. New students start with two semesters on then Lorraine campus, with the option to transfer to the Atlanta campus in their third semester. Current students can easily spend a semester or two on the Lorraine campus. As we are one Georgia Tech, the degree is granted by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Georgia Tech is highly ranked.
- Access to Georgia Tech's renowned innovation ecosystem.
- Home to Georgia Tech - CNRS IRL 2958, a joint international research laboratory.
- Base for the Lafayette Institute, a leading facility for the commercialization of optoelectronics.
- All students, including international students, pay Georgia Tech's in-state tuition.
- Lower cost graduate student housing, with subsidized housing for students staying two consecutive semesters or more at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
- Access to graduate student scholarships.
- Spend one or two semesters in Metz, France, or complete your entire Masters or PhD at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Courses offered in Fall and Spring semesters.
- Students admitted to the Lorraine campus can transfer to the Atlanta campus after two semesters of study, so long as they remain in good standing.
- Take a break in your studies with a 6-month internship in Europe.
- Complete a Dual-degree Program – Earn a degree from Georgia Tech and a degree from one of our top-tier partner institutions in Europe and North Africa.
- Opportunity to participate in the Global Engineering Immersion Program (GEIP), spending one semester at Georgia Tech-Lorraine, one semester at Georgia Tech-Shenzhen, and one semester at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
Benefits to Studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- The courses taught on the Lorraine campus are the same as those taught on the Atlanta campus. (Please see the list of courses available on the Lorraine campus each semester. Graduate Course Lists.)
- The language of instruction is English. You do not need to know any French.
- Faculty are primarily from Georgia Tech; some are permanently based on the Lorraine campus, while others come from Atlanta for a semester or more.
- Class sizes are smaller and you have greater access to faculty – classrooms and faculty offices are all located in one building.
- You will be in the heart of Europe while working towards your degree.
- It’s an excellent value – studying on the Lorraine campus is half of the cost of studying in Atlanta.
- There are opportunities for international internships while in Europe.
- You have the flexibility of studying on any of the three Georgia Tech campuses – Lorraine, Atlanta, or Shenzhen (for ECE students) – after spending two semesters on the Lorraine campus.
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine is home to Georgia Tech - CNRS IRL 2958, a joint international research laboratory.
- In the end you will receive the same prestigious Georgia Tech degree.
Click on the brochure below to learn more about our graduate programs.