There is one fellowship available from Georgia Tech-Lorraine for masters students.
Please note that this fellowship is only available to students who have already completed two semesters of study on the Lorraine campus, and who will be coming to the Atlanta campus in their third semester. Details follow below.
The Georgia Tech-Lorraine Challenge Fellowship (masters level)
The Georgia Tech-Lorraine Challenge Fellowship is a need-based fellowship established to support outstanding Georgia Tech graduate students who might not be able to participate in a program of study through Georgia Tech-Lorraine without financial assistance. The Georgia Tech-Lorraine Endowment Fund, which funds this fellowship, is comprised of donations from alumni and friends of Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Funds will be disbursed to masters students from the Challenge Fund each year, as follows:
- $ 2,250* – to two (2) current graduate students per year (international or U.S.) participating in Georgia Tech's masters program who have spent their first two semesters of study on the Lorraine campus, and will complete their final semester(s) in Atlanta. One scholarship will be granted for Fall semester and one for Spring semester.
- Funds to be disbursed during the semester the winning student is at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, so winning students must be prepared to pay their tuition in full to GTL before leaving the Metz campus. The final amount may be reduced according to tax laws in the US and the student's home country.
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine may elect to give two awards of $1,125 each semester, rather than one award of $2,250 per semester.
- Deadline to apply for Spring is November 15; decision made by the end of November.
- Deadline to apply for Fall is June 15; decision made by the end of July.
The fellowships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Review of GTL Challenge Fellowship - Fall 2021 Application or GTL Challenge Fellowship - Spring 2022 Application
- Personal reasons for wishing to attend GTL
- Future professional goals
- Personal situation and circumstances explaining why you are applying for the Fellowship.
Applications will be reviewed by committee, in coordination with the Office of Financial Aid. Please complete the GTL Challenge Fellowship - Spring 2022 Application online. (please follow the instructions on the application as to where to send the requested letters of recommendation).
Campus France: Many international students have been asking about the Eiffel Scholarship offered through Campus France and other scholarships that apply only to the French higher education system. Unfortunately, prospective Georgia Tech-Lorraine students are not eligible for this scholarship. The Eiffel Scholarship is targeted to students planning on studying at French higher education institutions. Although our campus is in France, Georgia Tech-Lorraine is an affiliate of Georgia Tech, and as such is a U.S. higher education institution.
Please address any questions regarding graduate fellowships to Andrea Gappell.