PLEASE READ OUR WITHDRAWAL & REFUND POLICY BEFORE APPLYING!
Georgia Tech's COVID-19 Task Force continues to monitor the pandemic closely along with Georgia Tech-Lorraine administration in France. Our program has remained running throughout the pandemic, with few Covid-19 cases within the Georgia Tech-Lorraine community.
Our Withdrawal & Refund Policy remains in place, with no changes due to the pandemic. Should Georgia Tech-Lorraine cancel the program, we will refund all reimbursable fees.
Should a student cancel their participation in the program while the program is up and running, all withdrawal charges will apply.
NOTE: Undergraduate students wishing to withdraw from the program must notify Catherine Bass via e-mail. The date of this e-mail will determine whether or not students will be charged any additional charge(s) according to the table below outlining "Additional Late Withdrawal Charges".
$500 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
The $500 deposit submitted at the time of application is non-refundable after the student has received an email notification from Catherine Bass stating that they are accepted into the program. The deposit is transferrable to one of the next two consecutive semesters at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. It is not possible to transfer the deposit to another Georgia Tech study abroad program.
You will NOT get the deposit back if you cancel due to accepting a co-op/internship/job, or for any other reason except as listed below.
A refund is possible only if:
- Student withdraws prior to receiving the acceptance email from Catherine Bass.
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine declines an application or revokes an acceptance due to a low GPA, academic, or disciplinary issues.
- Student submits proof of a new, unexpected medical condition (official Georgia Tech document attesting to the medical condition must be submitted to Catherine Bass. For questions or more details, please email Catherine Bass.)
Transient Students (i.e. degree-seeking students from U.S. universities other than Georgia Tech) should be aware that the $35 application fee to Georgia Tech is non-refundable.
ADDITIONAL WITHDRAWAL CHARGES WILL APPLY AS FOLLOWS -
Withdrawal requests received after the dates listed below will result in additional charges posted on the students' Bursar account.
Additional $1,000 Late Withdrawal Charge Due:
All Program Charges* Due:
|Spring||Oct. 15 - 31||Nov. 1 and beyond|
|Summer||Feb.15 - Mar. 31||Apr. 1 and beyond|
|Fall||Jun. 15 - 30||Jul. 1 and beyond|
* Program charges can be found on our Costs page.
Please make sure you understand this withdrawal & refund policy and email Catherine Bass if you have questions.
The only possible exceptions to this policy are:
- Sudden medical condition that prohibits participation in the program.
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine cancels the program