There is no formal application for Georgia Tech-Lorraine at the graduate level. Masters and Ph.D students must apply to and be accepted by a graduate program in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, indicating "GT-Lorraine" as their campus of choice.
Incoming students apply via Georgia Tech's main campus in Atlanta, and after two semesters on the Lorraine campus, have the option to either complete their degree in France, or request a transfer to the Atlanta campus for their third semester. Students on the thesis track only can spend two semesters in Atlanta and will be eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
If you are currently in an MS engineering program on the Atlanta campus (any major), you may spend a semester at Georgia Tech-Lorraine by simply requesting a change in campus from "Atlanta" to "Lorraine." Please refer to the Georgia Tech-Lorraine decision deadlines below.
Visit Georgia Tech's Graduate Studies page for information on starting your application to Georgia Tech.
Online Application Procedures for Students New to Georgia Tech
- Apply through the Georgia Tech online application interface.
- For “Program of Study,” select “Masters.” For “Planned Campus,” select “GT-Lorraine.”
- After completing your online application, you will be permitted to check the status by logging into "Status Checking" at www.gradadmiss.gatech.edu.
Procedure for Current Georgia Tech Students
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your intent to study at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
- Request that your advisor change your campus from "Atlanta" to "Lorraine", copying email@example.com, referring to the deadlines listed on the graduate deadline page.
- There is no formal application - once you have the approval of your advisor, the GTL Atlanta team wil work with you on the logistics of getting to Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Procedure for Students in the OMSCS Program
- Students who are currently enrolled in the Online Master of Science Program in Computer Science may be eligible to spend a semester or more at Georgia Tech-Lorraine after completing and showing grades for at least two semesters in the OMSCS program.
- Please review our Eligibility page for additional details.
- Interested students who are currently in their second semester or more should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. In your email, please include your GTID along with the specialization you are pursuing in the OMSCS program, along with the semester(s) you'd like to participate. All requests to study at Georgia Tech-Lorraine will be reviewed, and then either approved or denied, on an individual basis by the College of Computing.
Admissions requirements and application deadlines for the masters program vary by school:
Please note that Georgia Tech-Lorraine's decision deadlines are driven by the visa process. The earlier you let us know you plan to attend the Lorraine campus, the better! Please do not wait until the deadline dates! Refer to our Deadlines page for dates.
- Dr. Bertrand Boussert - key contact for academic questions at all levels, and for PhD students
- Elise Bastien - applications through partner institutions and all housing matters
- Corinne Guyot - course registrations and visa process for dual-degree students going to Atlanta
- Andrea Gappell - recruiting for Georgia Tech-Lorraine graduate program
- Alina Opreanu - logistics and visa process for graduate students going to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
Cancellation and Deferment Policy: Please contact us if you have been accepted and need to defer or cancel admission to Georgia Tech-Lorraine.